August 23, 2006
Event Ontology Ver.1.60
The latest Event Ontology is Ver.1.60
Event Ontology is an ontology of pathways.
It classifies pathways, sub-pathways and other biological phenomena to form a DAG structure.
You can download it from the OBO site and from our download page.
Event Ontology Release Notes
Version: 1.60 (23th Aug. 2006)
Event Ontology is an ontology that organizes the concepts and terms of pathway objects such as sub-pathways, biological processes and experimental environments appearing in the cellular pathway (e.g. signal transductions, disease pathways, metabolic pathways, etc.) The concepts in the Event Ontology were manually extracted from scientific articles and text books. Each concept has a link to Gene Ontology if possible.
Changes from version 1.59
[Added terms and definitions]
1. terms related to molecular interaction (e.g., IEV_0002721:enzymatic reaction)
2. definitions related to pathway (e.g., IEV_0000208:IKK-NF-kappaB cascade)
More information about Event Ontology
Tatsuya Kushida, Toshihisa Takagi and Ken Ichiro Fukuda, Event Ontology: A Pathway-Centric Ontology for Biological Processes. Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing 11:152-163(2006).
All entries 2666
GO IDs 259
KEGG PATHWAY IDs 173
Reactome IDs 110
PSI-MI IDs 53
August 10, 2006
INOH BioPAX Level2 release
All INOH pathway diagram files are now available in BioPAX Level2 format.
Visit Download page and get each file separately or as a single archive.
1. There are some instances not referred from any instances. (undeleted garbage generated during the conversion)
* Some "INOH_GID_LID"s of "unificationXref".
* "Connected_xxx" of "relationshipXref"
* Some "phsicalEntityParticipant"s
2. Mapped to COMMENT property (should be resolved in the next level of BioPAX)
* Amino residue names (e.g. Ser), domain names (e.g. ITAM) in SequenceFeature mapped to COMMENT of sequenceFeature
* Evidence information of Material nodes mapped to COMMENT of PEP or SP
* Connected edge information mapped to COMMENT of relationshipXref class's instances "Connected_xxx"